Just as mentioned before, when we talked about how mind mapping can help you stay more competitive, а mind mapping software provides business executives and top managers with a unique set of visual modeling tools; thus enabling them to easily manipulate information, knowledge, and ideas. Having this in mind, an increasing number of savvy business people are incorporating this type of productivity tool for a huge number of applications, from which we enumerate the following:
- Develop a business plan and elaborate new business ideas by creating a business strategy mind map;
- Conduct research on new projects and capture and organize your findings within a mind map;
- Analyze and advance your company’s business model and revenue streams;
- Plan a project and match the skills and capabilities of team members with the project’s requirements;
- Capture ideas from a group brainstorming meeting or brainstorm potential partnering opportunities with your team;
- Maintain a to-do list, organize your tasks and activities and manage your workload more effectively;
- Map out and optimize your organizational structure;
- Develop an information “dashboard” for fast access to key metrics, resources, and files;
- Optimize business processes and improve the workflow;
- Influence better-informed business decisions and incorporate a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Capture, develop, share and effectively use organizational knowledge;
- Outline and organize the content of a business report, plan, or technical paper;
- Plan and manage your sales accounts and organize client contacts;
- Conduct a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis and identify strategic opportunities using a “PEST” template (political, environmental, social and technological trends);
- Plan meetings (outline the agenda, meeting room requirements, and invitees list) and take notes during presentations;
- Capture attention by creating and giving mind map presentations;
- Document work procedures and policies;
- Collaborate with others more effectively and induce greater feedback from your team;
- Build a greater customer relationship by capturing a detailed profile of a customer’s needs during a sales or consulting call and improve your customer experience by creating detailed customer personas for marketing planning purposes;
- Manage performance reviews and evaluate employee performance.
Are you struggling with any of these applications? Where in your opinion, could mind mapping software transform the way you work?
I suggest you use the mind map templates (Company Business Model, Project Work Breakdown Structure, Risk Management Matrix) used in this article in your mind mapping quest to success.
About the author
Chuck Frey is the author of The Mind Mapping Software Blog. He has written numerous articles and reviews about mind mapping software and is widely regarded as one of the leading experts on visual mapping and visual thinking.